Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I've been bad

I haven't been very good about updating this blog as of late. My apologies!

Anyway, tomorrow will be 11DPO. Last cycle, that was the day that I broke down and tested, only to get my period a few hours later. So this time around I think I'm going to try to hold out for AF a little bit longer (or hopefully not at all!), so we'll see how that goes. I felt some cramping around 7-8DPO, but since then, nada. The suspense is tough for me, I am so impatient by nature!

On other fronts, I am THRILLED to be back in my own apartment. Since Saturday, I have been traveling for various reasons and it just feels amazing to be in my own home, with my own shower and my own bed and eating out of my own refrigerator. DH is of course, working. I think I have had about 3 hours of face time with him in the past week! Such is life. Or maybe, such is Wall Street.

The past 2 days were spent in Kansas City, MO. I have never spent any real time in the Midwest. It was.... nice. The people are nice. The city is nice. Theres no traffic, everyone says please and thank you and shows up places on time, you can get more than a box of a studio for an apartment... But when I flew into LaGuardia, I remembered-- Wait, I like things fast and hard and dirty. I don't want to wait 10 minutes for my coffee, I want the cashier yelling "next" before I can even get my wallet out to pay. I don't want to ever have to use a tornado shelter. I don't want my city so clean that the street sweepers are sweeping up pebbles with their little brush and box. I like that I get anywhere underground inside of 20 minutes.

New York is home, and everywhere else is for visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment