Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Day of Reckoning

Well, the day has come. It is time to tell my mom (and dad) that DH and I are TTC. I’ve been putting this off for several reasons:

1) Despite her best intentions, my mom would tell everyone.

2) She would be constantly checking in to see what was going on.

3) Now that I am this far in, she will be upset I didn’t tell her sooner.

But, timing is a funny thing. This morning I had u/s #5 for this cycle. I was expecting to come away from it disappointed. Just as I was about to give up on my body, turns out I have three 16-17mm follies. I was ready to start injectables, so it’s a welcome relief that 150mg of Clomid did the trick. Pills are easier than needles. I like to think its all the eating I’ve been doing, I’m almost 15 lbs up from my bottom weight!

Now, I trigger Saturday night (I am supposed to give the shot to myself but will more likely have my dr. sister do it) and then go in on Monday morning for an IUI.

Here’s the rub: Monday is my mother’s cancer surgery. There is absolutely no excuse I could come up with to get out of going, after I said that I would. So it looks like I will have to tell her the truth, so she will understand why I am missing it.

The kicker is - If I O on Sunday, my pregnancy test at the RE will land on my birthday. Maybe it’ll be a very happy 29th!

No comments:

Post a Comment